Advancing Aesthetic Laser Medicine
Neo is a powerful device that enables practitioners to increase revenues and enhance treatment outcomes for both established laser practices and those new to aesthetic medicine. With its numerous advances in laser technology, Neo simplifies laser ownership by eliminating the need for purchasing multiple lasers or handpieces to treat a range of conditions, while alleviating the treatment limitations and ongoing maintenance that the previous generation of laser technology came with.
Industry Leading ROI – one device and handpiece for more than 30 FDA cleared indications on all skin types and tanned skin allows maximum revenue generation with a single device.
Deliver New Levels of Clinical Efficacy – new gold-standard for acne, vascular lesions, skin rejuvenation, hair removal and skin of color.
Lowest Cost of Ownership – exceptionally affordable, no consumables, per treatment costs or annual service contracts allows you to be profitable immediately.
Safe & Gentle – non-invasive, no contact treatments are comfortable for absolutely all skin types immensely boosts patient satisfaction.
- Cutaneous Lesions
- Decubitus Ulcers
- Hair Removal
- PFB (Ingrown Hairs)
- Pigmented Lesions
- Rosacea & Redness
- Scars & Striae
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Spider Veins
- Vascular Lesions
650 Microsecond Technology™
The Neo’s ability to perform highly efficacious treatments safely on all skin types without skin cooling is due to its ability to deliver high fluences in a uniquely short pulse duration. 650 Microsecond Technology™ allows Neo to deliver high and low fluences between 4 J/cm2 and 255 J/cm2 within this single 650-microsecond pulse duration, which is below the 0.8msec Thermal Relaxation Time of the skin. The short pulse duration avoids thermally over-stressing the skin, which eliminates treatment pain and diminishes the risk of adverse effects commonly seen with the previous generation of long-pulsed lasers.
Delivering such high energy in a short pulse duration confines the laser’s energy to the targeted chromophore without allowing it to escape to the surrounding skin. This provides several benefits including increased efficacy, safety and patient comfort. 650 Microsecond Technology™ has reinvented Nd:YAG laser technology by advancing its efficacy, safety and versatility to new levels, which is why the Neo is able to treat a broad range of conditions typically performed by a range of lasers and with equal, if not better, efficacy, on all skin tones and types without the need for skin cooling.
Overview & Summary
- For laser energy to be effective in aesthetic medicine, the energy must be capable of reaching the targeted structure, which can be either epidermal, dermal or both. The 1064nm wavelength is capable of reaching both dermal and epidermal targets.
- The 1064nm wavelength is also uniquely absorbed by all three chromophores (targets): hemoglobin, melanin, and water.
- The 1064nm laser modality is inherently powerful and versatile, yet safer than other wavelengths due to minimal interference with epidermal melanin.
- The LightPod laser’s 650 Microsecond Technology™ enhances both efficacy, safety and versatility of the 1064nm wavelength.
650 Microsecond Technology™ Overview
- Why is Efficacy Higher? Typical Nd:YAG 1064nm lasers operate with longer pulse durations anywhere from 3 to 30 milliseconds.
- 650 Microsecond Technology™ – exclusive to Aerolase – is a new technology where all necessary power settings from 4 J/cm2 to 255 J/cm2 can be delivered within a 650-microsecond pulse in a variety of spot sizes and at a fast repetition rate of up to 2.0 Hz.
- 650-microseconds is below the Thermal Relaxation Time of the skin tissue, so the skin has time to cool itself between pulses, thus confining the heat in the selectively absorbed target for higher clinical efficacy and safety to the surrounding skin.
- The high-energy pulse is delivered into the target in such a short pulse duration.
- The targeted structure has less time to lose heat, through conduction, to the surrounding skin, so the target reaches a higher temperature.
- A higher temperature in the targeted tissue translates into greater target tissue destruction for higher efficacy.
Why is it Safer and More Comfortable?
- The burn risk and pain in lasers treatments come from overheating water, melanin, and blood in the skin’s epidermis when it is exposed to the laser energy passing through the epidermis into the target.
- With 650 Microsecond Technology™, epidermal exposure to laser energy is 5-50 times shorter than with the prior generation of long-pulsed lasers.
- Thermal over-stressing of the epidermis is avoided, which reduces the risk of burns or pigmentary changes.
- Thermal over-stressing of the nerve endings in the dermis is also avoided, which makes treatment uniquely comfortable.
- External skin cooling or gels are not needed so the mess, cost, and need of any consumable is eliminated.
After and Before